  • Subject: RE: Changing subsytem sign-on
  • From: "Cotes, Steven" <cotess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:39:34 -0700

Gary,
Neil's suggestion has another advantage,
if you have an error that you need to clear by ending and restarting
the subsystem, it generally causes less turmoil to end QPGMR than
QCTL. I actually have an interactive OPS subsystem that I use for this.
When I bring down my main interactive, I also bring down my programmers
subsystems to make sure everything is cleared for backups.
Like Neil said, make a workstation entry of QPADEV* , and yes others
will get a signon if it is up during the day. To prevent unwanted use,
when you have the subsystem up you can *EXCLUDE authority to the
SBSD.
 - good luck
 -Steve Cotes
 -cotess@data-io.com