 >Could anyone please let me know what the problem is when you have a
 >CPF1269 return code 715,0.  We are receiving this message when trying to
 >do passthru from one system to the other.  We get it on the receiving
 >machine.  We can passthru one way but get this error the other way.
 >
 >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >
 >Greg Weber (IGRWU@Packerland.com)

Greg,

Others have explained the 715 RC.  I just wanted to use this chance
to reiterate a debug technique for evoke problems.  When you get
an evoke failure you will get some information at the source system
(the system initiating the connection), but the best information will
be on the target system.

Since the action is initiated from the source system, it is human nature
to try to debug the problem from the information there, but by far the
best thing to do is look for the CPF1269 message on the target system.

When debugging possible evoke failure I recommend using the DSPLOG
command on the target system, and looking for the CPF1269 (failure)
and CPF1124 (success) messages:

DSPLOG MSGID(CPF1124 CPF1269)

That way you can get a clear picture of whether the evoke failed (and
the reason why) or whether it succeeded, but the target side job failed
for some other reason.

I hope this helps,

Marty Keech (APPC developer)