  • Subject: RE: Modifying CHGPWD -Reply
  • From: Walden Leverich <walden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:14:14 -0400

Changing the command in QSYS may help, but the real question is: When
signing on, if the user's password is expired does OS/400 a) exec the
*libl/chgpwd command, b) exec qsys/chgpwd, c) call *libl/QMNCGPWD , d) call
qsys/QMNCGPWD, e) do something else.

If the answer is a or c then he can solve the problem with something higher
in the library list than qsys.

If the answer is b then he can solve the problem by changing qsys/chgpwd,
maybe. IBM commands don't pay attention to the CPP specified on the command
definition. They use an index into the system reference table to jump
directly to the address for the CPP. This index is stored in the command
header. If the CHGCMD command resets this entry then he is all set, if not
then he has a problem. This option is also subject to the general rule of
"don't touch qsys!"

If the answer is d then he is generally screwed. You CANNOT replace the
program in qsys or the base command would not work, unless you also changed
the system reference table, (Use Alter Storage in SST if you want to, I
know I don't)

If the answer is e then all bets are off.

-Walden

Walden Leverich
Tech Software
walden@techsoftinc.com