From: mcrump@ballfoster.com

-snip-
>What we want to do is have a use the AS/400 for PC file storage for a
>department.  In changing my paradigm I do not want to use DLS.  This
>department will have an area that only they can access (one directory) and
>then have sub-directories for each plant location (additional directories).
>My thought process was to have a main directory for the department and
>sub-directories for the plants.  However, the plants should only be able to
>navigate through the department directory and not have any access to files
>within that directory.  That does not seem to work and I'm not sure if it
>will.  The IFS and security manual seem to be a little fuzzy on directory
>security.  The scenario would look like this:
>
>                Department
>     |---------------|--------------|
>     |                                        |
>Plant 1                           Plant 2
-snip-

How would you go about this if you were to use QDLS? (auth lists, group
profiles, whatever)
Setting authorities to IFS directories is not that much different.
Use the xxxAUT commands (WRKAUT, DSPAUT, ADDAUT, CHGAUT) to manage
authorities.
Use the WRKLNK command to navigate the IFS.

--
Edward R.Smith mailto:edsmith@scvnet.com http://www.scvnet.com/~edsmith/
ATS Project Leader mailto:edsmith@ibmuser.com http://www.ibmuser.com