  • Subject: Year 2K -tools
  • From: Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:02:17 -0400

I agree, the accuracy of the Impact Analysis is as important as working
with the right source code.  Several tools do parse the source code well
for dates and  date related fields. The IA source code piece{by IBM} is
missing from Bypass2000 at this time. IBM suggested two during their
teleconference  last week.  There are other  IA tools that will interface
with  the productfor this function but not mentioned.

Performance is a concern if  the only choice is to work through  the Y2K
conversion efforts  on a production box.  I've seen this done with other IA
tools without  upsetting production but not  this one and its'  buffer
offset approach.  Anyone test driven it  and able to report some results?

Glenn
Glenn Ericson,          Phoenix Consulting
P O Box 701164   East Elmhurst NY 11370-3164 USA
Ph. 718 898 9805         Fx. 718 446 1150