>> In message <199781416570541@>, From brobins@ix.netcom.com, the
> following was written:
>> I have went through IBM's documents and the only mention for this
>> message describes problems with Microsoft's SNA and TCP/IP.  The
>> basic problem being that the Host Server database daemon is not
>> running or not running in Qserver.  I have checked the joblog for job
  >> QZDASRVSD which is generated by a ENDHOSTSVR *DATABASE and it
>> indicates that
> it  > was running in Qserver.  So the 400 side would seem to be fine.
> The  > job log for the PC transfer job shows it was running in Qsnads
> (this  > must be the problem).>

I looked this up in the archives at work today. I was wrong about the
mode description. It's not QPCSUPP. It actually is QSERVER. Check
DejaNews for a post from Mark Bauman on the subject of CA/400 Netware
for SAA File Transfer. Also, Document 5753904 on the IBM AS/400 Service
and Support site says:

"The error occurs if the data transfer job is run in any subsystem other
than QSERVER. Jobs are routed to a particular subsystem by the mode
description used on the bind and the communications entry in a
subsystem. The following are common causes for this error:

.. a bunch of stuff about SNA servers ...

Ending QSERVER subsystem while APPC devices are active. If QSERVER
subsystem is ended while Client Access APPC devices are active (JOBS do
not have to be active), OS/400 internally reroutes the database server
jobs to QCMN. Even after QSERVER is started again, the jobs continue to
be routed to QCMN. You must vary the device off and back on to reset
this. This is often seen when nightly backup programs end all subsystems
except QCMN. See APAR SA57453 for details.

Attempting to route the QSERVER mode description to a user defined
subsystem. Data Transfer can ONLY run in the IBM supplied QSERVER
subsystem."

I can sympathize. It took me three weeks of beating my head against the
wall before I finally got CA95 working with AnyNet. It's not something
you could send to a user in a shrink wrapped box.

Pete

--
 - Pete Hall peteh@earth.inwave.com
http://www.inwave.com/~peteh/