  • Subject: RE: Possible performance problems.]
  • From: "Kenneth E. Graap" <kgraap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:41:22 -0700

Question... How was this RSTLIB parameter set???

Force object conversion:
FRCOBJCVN
  Convert during restore . . . .
*SYSVAL
  Objects to convert . . . . .
.

If it was set to *YES then I could see why it would take a long time to
restore. Every program restored would be converted to RISC during the
restore process.

This would also occure if system value QFRCCVNRST has a value of "1" ...

Kenneth
--
* *************************************** *
*           Kenneth E. Graap              *

A strange thing occured last weekend. We restored an 8Gb library
on a 50S #2122 @ V3R7M0 using an 8mm cart. formatted to *FMT5GB
and data saved @ V3R1M0. This restore took 5 hours without access paths
and 15 hours with access paths. We then performed the same restore on
a F45 @ V3R1M0 and the restore took 5.5 hours with access paths. All
the restores were submitted to batch with no other system activity
occuring on the system and plenty of system memory. Has anyone else
come across these problems on either a RISC or Server model ?

Rgds

Viv