  • Subject: CA/400 SDLC to AS/400
  • From: Neil Palmer <NPalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:15:00 -0400

Does anyone know of a successful connection from a PC running Windows
95, using an IBM SDLC (or MultiProtoCol Adapter) card to an AS/400 via
CA/400 for Windows 95 ?

If so, does anyone have experience with one of these connections running
on a leased line instead of dial-up ?

And if the answer is still yes, how about a leased connection that is
using a Telco provided SDLC PAD function on the line ?

We had a customer using a similar setup years ago, with PS/2-25's, and
DOS PC Support/400 over an X.25 line where Bell Canada provided an SDLC
PAD function so the PC's just saw straight SDLC.
Now with Windows 95 we've had a customer trying to get this to work for
several months, running into one problem after another, and about to
kill someone (maybe himself) if he can't get this working.  There were
several problems with the line provided by the phone company originally,
but now they swear it's fixed (yeah, right !).

I've exhausted everything I can think of trying to diagnose this from
long distance.  The customer is about 1,000 miles away from me in
Labrador City Newfoundland, and the remote site he is trying to connect
to about 300 miles to the south (a 9 hour round trip drive on a gravel
road - a trip he's made several times trying to get this working) in a
town called Baie Comeau Quebec on the north shore of the St. Lawrence
river (infamous as the town who gave us Brian Mulroney, one of our most
despised ex Prime Minsters).

Any assitance, advice, tips, working configurations, etc. would be
greatly appreciated.

--
... Neil Palmer                                      AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology -Canada       ____________          ___  ~