>When starting up TCP/IP on my V3R2 AS/400, I get a QSYSOPR error message:
>"Line ETHTCP vary on failed.
>"Cause . . .: A configuration error was found by the system. The vary on
>failed. The reason code is 0000200E."
>"0000200E: Protocol conflict between IOA and line description ETHTCP."
>
>"Recovery . . .:"
>"0000200E: Using the appropriate change line description command, change
the
>resource name in line descrition ETHTCP to correspond to a post that
matches
>the protocol of line description ETHTCP."

I believe the error message is CPD27CD.  If memory serves me correctly
(which is usually not
the case) I would check your source service access point definitions for
the line.  You should
have an SSAP of AA which is used for TCP/IP.  When the line was created
which Ethernet
standard (ETHSTD) was chosen can have an effect.  The default is *ALL.  If
*ALL (or
IEEE8023) was chosen along with SSAP of *SYSGEN the system should have
generated
three SSAP's - 04 of SNA, 12 for LAN-attached printers, and AA for TCP/IP.

Since it referencing a protocol conflict I think you are referencing the
right resource but I would
check.  If you were referencing the wrong resource I think you would see
possibly the same
message but a reference to 00002006.  I have no experience with an IPCS in
this situation.

In summary:

1.) Check your ETHSTD - most likely should be *ALL or *IEEE8023
2.) Check your SSAP - there should be an AA defined
3.) Validate your resource  - again.

Did you create these yourself or did you let autoconfig do it?

HTH