RE:     Windows Sockets

Message text written by INTERNET:MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

>>What appears to be happening is
>>that sometimes after sending the request to the server, the client
>>attempts to read the data from the socket before the server has had time
>>to place the data into the socket.  Can anyone suggest how to prevent
>>this from happening?  It seems like we need some way to tell the client
>>program to wait until the data has arrived in the socket.<
>>Bob:

>        If you are working with a PC as the client, you probably need to
>check for data arrival on the PC side.  How you do that depends upon the
>language you're using on the PC side.  Look for events such as
>"OnDataArrival" or something similar on the PC side, and don't try to read
>from the socket until that event occurs.
>
>        At least you're fortunate enough to have the right tools on the
>AS/400 side.  --I'm in the middle of a Borland Delphi application that is
>using the Telnet port to do the transfer with since I don't have the C or
>Pascal compilers on the AS/400.
>
>                        Hope this helps,
>                        L. Paul Andralouis

This may not help, but it does mention sockets

---------------------
"  If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,
And the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,
And your data is corrupted cause the index doesnt hash,
Then your situations hopeless, and your systems gonna crash!  "

I'm sorry to say that I don't know who wrote this so I can't give
the author credit.  Forgive me.

John Carr