  • Subject: Re: Client Access for Win95 which version?
  • From: "Rob Ward" <rward@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:12:26 -0500

A few months back I asked Support Line the same question about putting service packs on a LAN server disk and letting CheckVersion use the LAN share instead of the AS/400 to post the SPs to client computers (since it would be much faster).  Unfortunately, they said it couldn't be done at the time but they also hinted that it was a commonly requested item and could be in a future release of the product.  I don't think it's in there yet though.

Rob Ward
M-C Industries, Inc.
Danny McQuestion wrote:

Does anyone know where we can find a list of the parameters for CWBCKVER?
Can you point this at a server install to check for a service pack instead of the AS/400?  I installed CA/Win95 on the server to run installs from there.  I would like to apply service packs to the server version as well and have all clients update from there instead of the AS/400..
Thanks,
Danny Mc?
Rob Ward wrote:

LOGIN is a parameter on the cwbckver program.