  • Subject: Re: Sources for External Data Structures
  • From: John Carr <74711.77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 28 Jun 97 18:33:20 EDT

RE:     Re: Sources for External Data Structures

>> INDDS was a relatively simple addition to the "Named Indicators"
>> function.  It offers several advantages:  1) It allows you to name
>>  <SNIP>
>> With the INDDS, as well as the new indicator BIF's (%EOF, %ERROR, etc),
>> there are only a few places left where the old-style indicators are
>> needed.  (LOOKUP, SHTDN, and the TESTx opcodes.)
>> Cheers!  Hans

>Joe Teff wrote
>I like what you are doing here. I'm still stuck on V3R1, but SOME DAY I'll get
>to try it.
>I have dabbled with VisualBasic just to see what it's like. One thing that
>I do like is how you can change attributes using keywords. Now that we are
>removing indicators from RPG, what about removing them from display files.
>Instead of conditioning the Position Cursor "DSPATR(PC)" with an indicator,
>let us use a BIF type statement (i.e. %PosCur(Field_Name:RecordFormat)=*On)
>You could do things like positioning cursor, setting the color,
>underlining, reverse image, etc. INDDS will let you set on the indicator
>with a meaningful name, though you will still need to use the indicator in
>the display file.
>Joe Teff

Joe
I don't think Hans (or anyone in Toronto) can help you much with that one.
DDS is "Owned" by Rochester.  And they don't make any money off DDS by
itself.  The same is true of the CL language.  If it were up to Hans &
people like him at Toronto we would have had those things before now.

Its my personal opinion Hans could have put Subroutines & Data Structures
in CL by himself on his lunch hour.

I believe thats how we got the logical ANDxx & ORxx in the RPG language
by the way.  (ain't dat rite hans?)

John Carr CDP
EdgeTech