  • Subject: Re: Automated Upgrade Product
  • From: ConnectY2K@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:51:49 -0400 (EDT)

<< Subj:        Re: Automated Upgrade Product
 Date:  97-07-02 00:55:44 EDT
 From:  barsa2@ibm.net (Al Barsa, Jr.)
 Sender:        mcsnet!midrange.com!midrange-l-owner@Mcs.Net
 To:    MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

 At 04:45 PM 7/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
 >Al Barsa, Jr. wrote:
 >
 >> At 11:01 PM 6/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
 >>
 >> I thought that blatent advertising is off limits?????
 >
 >You mean subtle advertising (like user tools) is ok? :-)

 Dave,

 With all due respect, there are significant differences.

 First of the, and TAA Tools were shipped on every AS/400 IBM ever shipped
 (V3R1 and prior, not including V1R1M0).  This product was not.

 IBM made a change in policy in withdrawing the Tools, which adversely
 affected some customers.  Today, when migrating to RISC, we occasionally
 get calls from customers who did not expect the change, on the weekend that
 they are going live.  In some cases, being ill-prepared has caused these
 customers significant business disruption or just significant expense in
 additional air courier costs.  IBM's decision to transition into the 'Bill
 Gates Model of Marketing' (where everything is cheap, and you get nickeled
 and dimed to death) was their decision. IMHO, the AS/400 was better served
 in the old model of doing business.  IBM did not agree.  They're bigger
 than I am, so I play by their rules.

 All of my posts were in direct response to another post.  (As is this
 post.)  I never initiated any advertising, and never mentioned the url.

 Dave, I think your comments are off base.

 Al >>

Al for the most part your posts are within limits. You do cross the line many
times with TAATOOLS.  A little self examination before sending the note on
the topic?