  • Subject: Re: again TCP/IP printing
  • From: "M.Sjardin" <M.Sjardin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:59:50 +0200

Maurice Langeveld wrote:

> I do not know how to configure printing on A4, my printer always asks
> for confirmation, because he is receiving the wrong papersize.
>
> I'm using TCP/IP with windows '95 and a HP5si printer, with release
> V3R7.

Ok, try this. Retrieve the *HP5SI table:
RTVWSCST DEVTYPE(*TRANSFORM) MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) SRCMBR(HP5SI)
SRCFILE(QGPL/QTXTSRC)
You have now a sourcefile with all the HP5Si commands in it. Here are
also the
commands for selecting paper.
It looks like this:
0001.56     :PAGSIZXFM.
0001.57     :PAGSIZE
0001.58       PAGWTH= 8390
0001.59       PAGLEN=11338
0001.60       DATA ='1B266C373241'X.
0001.61     :PAGSIZE
0001.62       PAGWTH= 8352
0001.63       PAGLEN=11952
0001.64       DATA ='1B266C303141'X.
0001.65     :PAGSIZE
0001.66       PAGWTH=11952
0001.67       PAGLEN=16848
0001.68       DATA ='1B266C323641'X.
0001.69     :PAGSIZE
0001.70       PAGWTH=16838
0001.71       PAGLEN=23811
0001.72       DATA ='1B266C323741'X.
0001.73     :PAGSIZE
0001.74       PAGWTH=10368
0001.75       PAGLEN=14544
0001.76       DATA ='1B266C343541'X.
0001.77     :PAGSIZE
0001.78       PAGWTH=14570
0001.79       PAGLEN=20636
0001.80       DATA ='1B266C343641'X.
0001.81     :PAGSIZE
0001.82       PAGWTH=10440
0001.83       PAGLEN=15120
0001.84       DATA ='1B266C303141'X.
0001.85     :PAGSIZE
0001.86       PAGWTH=12240
0001.87       PAGLEN=15840
0001.88       DATA ='1B266C303241'X.
0001.89     :PAGSIZE
0001.90       PAGWTH=12240
0001.91       PAGLEN=20160
0001.92       DATA ='1B266C303341'X.
0001.93     :PAGSIZE
0001.94       PAGWTH=15840
0001.95       PAGLEN=24480
0001.96       DATA ='1B266C303641'X.
0001.97     :EPAGSIZXFM.
The PCL command to select A4 is 1B266C323641.
You can do three things:
- either remove above section completely
  and it will never ask for papertype again
- remove some of the PAGSIZE sections (escpecialy those that select
  LEGAL) (check your printermanual)
- edit above section and make sure the command to select A4
  is set at the apropiate page-sizes.

After you have edited the table, compile it with:
CRTWSCST WSCST(QGPL/HP5SI) SRCFILE(QGPL/QTXTSRC)
and apply it to your printerdefinition by recreating the remote outq:
CRTOUTQ ... MFRTYPMDL(*WSCST) WSCST(QGPL/HP5SI)

BE AWARE !!!!
The layout of the A4 paper differs from LEGAL: the margins are
different.
This might mean that you can't print enough characters and/or
lines. You might need to change the printborders as well in the WSCST.

If you need more info about the Workstation Customization Table, try the
Workstation Customization Programming manual (SC41-3605-01)

Greetings,
Marcel Sjardin