Check out the QUSRTOOL utility called CPYFRMSAVF.  It will convert a SAVF
to a PF, which can be downloaded.  Here are some instructions for compiling
the utility:

DCSoftware, Inc.
Instructions for Creating CPYFRMSAVF Command

This procedure can be used if your AS/400 does not already have the
CPYFRMSAVF and CPYTOSAVF commands compiled on it.  This procedure has been
tested on v3r1 of the operating system.  Your particular installation may
be different.  If this procedure does not work, contact your IBM support
representative.

Overview

The QUSRTOOL (aka TAATOOL) utilities are a collection of programs
distributed with various releases of OS/400, but not officially supported
by IBM.  They are commands that must be compiled on each machine.  The
CPYFRMSAVF and CPYTOSAVF commands are useful in that they allow AS/400
objects to be distributed on PC diskettes.  To do this, the objects are
saved to a save file (SAVF), then the SAVF is converted to a physical file
using CPYFRMSAVF.  This physical file can then be downloaded using PC
Support or Client Access (save files can not be downloaded nor uploaded).
The downloaded file can then be distributed on diskette (perhaps using
PKZIP, or some other familiar PC software distribution technique).  The
process can then be reversed at the other end - the file is ‘unzipped’,
uploaded to the AS/400, then converted to a save file using the CPYTOSAVF
command.  The objects can then be restored normally using RSTOBJ.  This
eliminates many tape format problems where two machines do not have
compatible tape drives.  It also makes use of inexpensive diskettes instead
of very expensive data cartridges.

How to Create the CPYFRMSAVF Command

The CPYFRMSAVF and CPYTOSAVF commands are a ‘matched pair’, so to speak,
and created using this one procedure.

1. Start the source edit utility and print the source code for the
following files and members:  member CRTTAATOOL in file QATTINFO in library
QUSRTOOL; member CPYFRMSAVF in file QATTINFO in library QUSRTOOL.  These
source members will give you instructions on how to create the tools.  If
this library or the source file doesn’t exist, see your system
administrator for more information, or call your IBM support rep.
2. Determine if library TAATOOL already exists on your system.  If it
doesn’t, create the library as described in the instructions for CRTTAATOOL.
3. Determine if file QATTCL in library QUSRTOOL is a physical file or a
save file.  In  v3r1, IBM distributed the QUSRTOOL source code in save file
format.  If it is a save file, move the save file to another library (or
perhaps create a temporary library name, like QUSRSAVF).  After the file is
moved, restore the original source code using the command:              RSTOBJ
OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(QUSRTOOL) DEV(*SAVF)           SAVF(QUSRSAVF/QATTCL)
4. Repeat step 3 for save files QATTCMD, QATTRPG and QATTDDS.
5. Follow the instructions listed in member CRTTAATOOL printed in step 1.
6. Follow the instructions listed in member CPYFRMSAVF printed in step 1.
7. Test the command by entering the following on the command line:
TAATOOL/CPYFRMSAVF <F4>.

If the last step brought up the CPYFRMSAVF command screen, your procedure
has been successful.

Disclaimer

This procedure is being distributed as a convenience only.  No warranties
can be made regarding this procedure, since IBM has changed their QUSRTOOL
distribution methods often over the life of OS/400.  If this procedure does
not work, or if any of the steps do not work as described, please contact
your IBM support rep.