Dean
some interesting points  -

Education for Y2K  would also be in the  best interests of the company.  I
believe it  plays a key part in  Due Diligence in court cases  { I'm not a
lawyer}

Pay for performance/duties/function/responsibility should be a normal fact
but pleas for small Vs large are irrelevant.  Pay for performance value.