>Date:  5/8/97 11:16 PM      RE:        SDA Menus
>Hi All,
>     We are facing a difficulty with SDA menus. When we are designing menus
>using SDA, is there anyway we can have more than 20 menu options on a
>single menu and we can scroll the menu to get the menu options of higher
>values? We tried all known methods. Thanx in advance for any
>help/suggestions.
>Regards,
>Venu
Venu

I may be of service...

My company's (EdgeTech) product might be the answer to your problems.
It's called ETIKIT (pronounced Etiquette.)  It will be advertised
starting May 19th on Midrange Computing's Monday Morning Update
(http://www.midrangecomputing.com) Product Supplement. ETIKIT will also
be in the July issue of Showcase Magazine.

ETIKIT allows for soft-coded Companies/Systems/Menus/and Options.  You can
have multiple of each in side each.  You can Activate/Deactivate any level
by simply setting a flag (great for taking a menu option or system out
of production for a while).

Users can create their own Fast Path ID's that allow them to go from
any menu option to any menu option in one step. (An API exists to allow
this functionality in your own application programs)

In a matter of seconds, you can authorize users or groups of users to
particular Companies, or Systems, or Menus, or options with Beginning
and Ending dates.

Since ETIKIT is softcoded, One menu can be in English, and another in
Spanish, French, German, etc.

ETIKIT automatically handles softcoded Library list initializations for
systems and/or menu options. The product can run multiple LDA mappings
concurrently for different systems.  By setting a flag you can turn
on/off menu option history tracking(who,when).

I've included lots of API's that allow you to: Secure functions inside YOUR
application program to certain users or groups of users with begin/end dates.
(For example, in a general order entry program you can say... these two
people/groups can change an order, but only these three people/groups
can cancel an order). Even with VA/RPG client server programs!

ETIKIT includes a source file filled with Clonable RPGIII,RPGIV and
SQL/RPG program templates (all documented, structured, etc.) for
Inquiry and Maintenance programs, etc.

There are also WRKSPLF, WRKUSRJOB look alikes that allow you to secure the
Action Options individually (i.e., This person can use 4=End Job, everyone
else can't).  AND there is a facility to let users control particular print
writers for particular Output queues/Message Queues.

ETIKIT does a lot more but my hands are getting tired.  If I can be
of service please contact me.

Thank You

John P. Carr   CDP
EdgeTech Inc.