 I have attached a code sample called testit3. I am trying to write a
user journal entry through the API.  However, this does not work as I
get a message that key(0) is invalid !  I believe that I am getting into
a structure alignment issue but I am not sure.

 Anyone have any ideas what is wrong with this code ???

 Thanks,
 Jeff Silberberg
/******************************************************************************/

/**
**/

/**  TESTIT - Sample Program for Send User Journal Entry
**/

/**
**/

/******************************************************************************/

#include <stdio.h>

#include <string.h>

#include <qjosjrne.h>

#include <qusec.h>

         struct jeVarRecord {

            short int key;

            short int length;

            char data;

            } ;

         struct jeVarArray {

            short int count;

            char *data;           /* Insert Ptr to Array of jeVarRecords */

            } ;

main(void)

{

         Qus_EC_t errCode;

         int rc;

         char objName[10] = "SPARCSJRN" ;

         char objLibrary[10] = "*LIBL";

         char qualName[20];

         char entryData[1024];

         short int entryDataLen = 0;

         char jeRecordKey[1024];        /* Buffer to hold n jeVarRecords     */

         struct jeVarRecord *jeKey;     /* Pointer to Buffer                 */

         struct jeVarArray jeVar;       /* OverLay of the jeVarRecords Array */

         char *pJeVar;                  /* Char pointer to Struct jeVar      */

         char *pErrCode = (char *) &errCode;

         jeKey = (struct jeVarRecord *) jeRecordKey;

         memset(jeKey, 0x00, sizeof(jeRecordKey));

          jeKey->key = 2;       /* Key 2 = Qualified File Name */

          jeKey->length = sprintf(&jeKey->data, "%s%s",

                                  "$EQUIP    ", "*LIBL     ");

                       /**         1234567890    1234567890   **/

          jeKey += (jeKey->length + 4);   /* Bump Pointer by Len + 2 Shorts */

          jeKey->key = 4;       /* Key 4 = Fource Journal entry */

          jeKey->length = 1 ;

          jeKey->data = '1';

          jeKey +=  6;

                                /* Keys 1 3 5 are Defaulted    */

           jeVar.count = 2;     /* Load Arrary Count of 2 */

           jeVar.data = &jeRecordKey[0];

           pJeVar = (char *) &jeVar;

         sprintf(qualName, "%10.10s%10.10s", objName, objLibrary);

         entryDataLen = sprintf(entryData, "%s", "SHUTDOWN");

         QJOSJRNE(qualName, pJeVar, entryData, entryDataLen,

                     pErrCode);

}