  • Subject: RE: Can I dial to a NT server with RAS and then connect to AS/400
  • From: "Svensson, Joakim" <joakim.svensson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:22:52 +0200

A very simple solution to the problem, if you only need 5250-emulation,
is to use TCP/IP over RAS and a shareware 5250-emulator supporting
TN5250.
You can use FTP for file-transfer, but you wouldn't like the
command-line FTP which comes with Windows95.

A very good TN5250 is Powerterm from Ericom Software. You can reach them
at eran@ericom.co.il or info@unipres.com. The best part is the very
small footprint. The entire application, which includes som
VT-emulations and TN3270 easilly fits into one diskette.

There are som GUI FTP-clients available on the net, and a few support
the AS/400 fileformat. I don't have one particular in mind, but a little
Internet browsing should help.

/Joakim

Joakim Svensson
IT-Architect