  • Subject: Re: Running a program on an RS6000 via FTP
  • From: Carl Galgano <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 14:38:38 -0400

Thanks for the advice.  I've got the app up and running finally with the
help of Jeff Silberberg.  he and I got together for an afternoon and just
hammered away at it.  The AS400 to Unix part was easy once someone alerted
to me that the user id and pwd had to be in lower case enclosed in quotes.

Jeff ended up having to write me a new shell script to accomplish what I
needed.  Many thanks to Jeff publiclly for his time and efforts.  This IS a
great tool for meeting resource to share information & helping each other.

Best regards,
Carl

At 12:01 PM 4/29/97 -0600, Bob Angell wrote:
>Carl Galgano wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you talking about the shell script on the
>> RS6000?
>
>yes.  just the first few lines would work ok.
>
>Also, if you can modify the script *and* the login to the RS/6k to
>reflect
>all UPPER case for just this test, it might also resolve your problems
>some systems convert all logins to UPPER case even though you *think*
>they are not (I have had this problem going between the RS/6k & AS/400s
>in
>the past.)
>
>> >Could you provide us with the contents of the file
>> >you are trying to run ...
>
>-Bob-
>
>--
> 1 Bob Angell, Principal - Sys. Engineer/Author/Consultant
> 2 Applied Info & Mgnt Sys, 1238 Fenway Ave., SLC, UT 84102
> 3 v: 801-583-8544 e: aimsllc@ibm.net / bangell@cs.utah.edu
> 4 --------------------------------------------------------
> 5 Applied Info & Mngmnt Systems has services as follows:
> 6 Intra/Internet, Notes, Multiplatform integration
> 7 Networking (TCPIP,etc), Custom (AWK-PERL-C-Visualizer),
> 8 Database dsgn/dev. (DB2-SQLserver-Oracle-etc.), Modeling
> 9 OS's (Win95;Warp/NT Server; AIX / HP-UX / SunOS; OS/400)
>11 "Had Mama Cass and Karen Carpenter shared that Ham sand-
>12 wich, they would both be with us today!"

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street
Suite C19