  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Emergency access
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:33:21 -0700

John Earl wrote:

> At 08:02 PM 4/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >DAsmussen@aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Folks,
> ><snip>>

> >> otherwise

>These

>at
> >>

> >Consider "FireCall" Group Profiles. These can be added to the persons
> >normal profile (Add as a supplementary group Profile).  This way any
> >logging is directly associated with that profile. Also, the job will
> >have the same operational attributes since they are using their normal
> >profile.
> >

> Adding the "FireCall" profiles as supplemental groups would mean that these
> programmers would have *ALLOBJ-like authority day in and day out.  That's a
> bit more authority than developers ought to operate with on a daily basis,
>IMHO.
>
> jte

> * John Earl     Gig Harbor, Washington  U.S.    *
> * Email:        johnearl@blarg.net              *
 John, I agree wholehertedly. I didn't explain that very well.
The programmer "checks out" the FireCall group profile. At that time, a
job is scheduled to remove the authority from their profile after 24
hours. (I also created a command so the programmer can remove the
FireCall authority sooner.) when the authority is attaced, Security is
notified of the fact, and when the Firecall Authority will expire.

We are looking at allowing certain specified programmers to invoke the
authority themselves. (Since proper mpeople in security are notified).

Additionally, when the user has the FireCall group, certain monitoring
occurs to provide audit and usage information. I could tell you more,
but then I would have to kill you. ;)

--
Bob Larkin
Larkin Computer Consulting