  • Subject: COMMON -Thoughts -Reply
  • From: John Cirocco <JCirocco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:46:14 -0400

Anyone notice most commons have a unique fashion statement?  This
years was the Walldata Neck strap for the badges.

Great sessions for me were:

Funny Computer Stories
Rick Barrera's Keynote
Gerry Reid's Closing session
Java for the AS/400-Overview
AS/400 Internet Security
ADSM/400-Client and Lan Backups
ADSM/400 Made Easy
What's Hot, New, and Different for AS/400 Backup/Recovery
SQL/400 Performance Considerations
OS/400 Enhanced Integration for Novell Netware

Best Expo booth:
Infinium's Magic Show

Things that ticked me off:
Many of my "key sessions" ran concurrently (not commons fault)
Great sessions in small rooms, bad ones in large.
Green Streak promoting Al Barsa's Friday session that I did not notice
was moved to Tuesday until Friday Morning.

Probably my best conference because didn't feel I had a single new
technology to try and learn about in 1 week.  Got to attend a HUGE
number of varied sessions.  Also Loved the layout in Boston.  Jillian's
and Dick's Last Resort were not bad either :)

Mental notes for next time:
1)  Make Sure I Stay In Conference Hotel.
2) Pre-arrainge to meet with folks instead of wandering around a CUDS
looking at badges and names.
3) Don't rely on Hotel Wake up calls
4) Turn Pager OFF and give people Hotel # (then ignore blinking light on
the phone)

John