  • Subject: List Continuation
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 00:25:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Folks,

I copied out a note regarding this subject, but it looks like it got lost in
the recent list outage.  Here's the gist of it for those of you new to the
lists, and those who may have forgotten...

David Gibbs (owner of these lists, and the equipment/software that runs them)
is not a large organization.  He's not publicly or governmentally funded.  He
does this for the same reason that many of us reply to the list, he just
wants to help people.  He buys his own equipment, software, and connection to
an ISP.  He won't ask unless he's in dire straits, but he exists solely on
donations.

As you can see from his recent post on the re-activation of the list, he
accepts equipment (although I would think from the customer feedback received
here, IBM could provide a suitable "webulated" machine).  He also needs money
to keep his internet connection, as well as buy replacement parts from time
to time.  Although he ran it for years on a 386, I would think that he (and
we) deserve better than an 486 PC to handle the important data received here
on a daily basis.

If you can (or more importantly, your company, which ostensibly receives
untold cost savings from your questions placed here and can more afford it)
should send some money or newer equipment to David to keep the lists active
and technologically current.  E-Mail him at David@Midrange.com for an address
to which to send your donations.  You'll be glad you did!

Sincerely,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA