- The PDM to EPDM migration tool is good, but once executed and you turn
the interfaces on, there is no turning back to PDM. Test it, time it,
ensure that all records are populated to all of the EPDM files, practice
it before you do it for real and for the last time. IM Item Master
Maintenance gives you a message to use EPDM instead.

- A picture is worth 1000 words, and the picture that titled "EPDM File
Relationships" in the XA EPDM manual is worth that and more. It is a
helpful reference of file names and file relationships as you get used to
working with files within EPDM.

- After migration and activation of EPDM, Thruput does plan normally.
From what I recall of the experience years ago, beware of the following
*GOTCHAS:
---- All new items created after migration and activation MUST HAVE an
Item Process (ITMPRC) record where you link the Bill and the Router
together. Failure to have an ITMPRC record for an item will cause
Thruput not to plan for the item, regardless of the demand.
---- Within the Item Enterprise (ITMENT) file, making sure the Release to
PDM field = "Y" or "1".
Test this out to see if my recall is still accurate.

- Ann Neal, at Infor Support, is invaluable, excellent, and knowledgeable
with all things Thruput linking to EPDM. It's worth opening an Incident
to make sure your version/release/Golden Release of Thruput will work
smoothly with your version/release/PTF Level of XA, to let Ann know when
you are making the final jump from PDM to EPDM, and to validate the
*GOTCHA's mentioned earlier.

- Creating Sites within the Site Master (SITMST) with Simulation Site =
'Y' are fun! Easily created and easily deleted. But for all of that
fun, you might have to reorganize the EPDM files more frequently.

Matt Spies
Amphenol RF
203-796-2041