Alan

This was solved in MAPICS/DB 1987 with the addition of the Production
Monitoring & Control (PMC) applicaiton. In addition, IBM's Data Control &
Collection (DCC) was interfaced to permit barcoding of all material and
labor transactions.

Since that time, PMC is now part of the core set of applications and
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is provided to enable collection.

You should contact your Channel Partner. Barcode data collection and
paperless data collection have been part of the XA product suite for 25
years.

I have seen many implementations that are "other" 3rd party or custom.
Many work, but some work better than others.

There are two primary requriements:

1. Ensure that you have the PMC applicaiton. You do NOT want to write
direct to any files.
2. Ensure that the application uses System-Link to write to the XA system.
Any other solution will lock you into your current release unless you are
willing to rewrite the interfaces for every major upgrade from Infor.
Which by the way, you are paying for with your annual license fee.
3. Ensure that your vendor is recommended by your certified Infor Channel
Partner. If it is not, it most likely violates #1 and #2 above.

Thanks

Kevin Fox

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Alan Kreutzer <