Peter,

Normal task security in CAS will allow you to turn off access to the Item
Balance Maintenance menu option.
As I remember it, you guys were using Personal Menus. If that's still the
case, the approach might be altered somewhat. If you need specific help
doing that, we can do that offline or you certainly can call me (see link
below).

Once you're using Browser apps (Plus Architecture or PowerLink or whatever
we're calling it these days.....), your choices are different but more
flexible. You could probably use a creative application of Deployment
Profiles to determine which warehouses someone could use. Or you can do
the User Exit approach I outlined before. I think that would be pretty
straightforward, but of course I'm designing on the figurative
back-of-a-napkin doing this by email.

Feel free to contact me directly if you need to discuss further.

Thanks.
Mike