At Ductmate, few yrs back, we used B/L Control. We stopped the back flush of steel...set them as Uncontrolled F/S to assign cost and qty to the MO.

1. We 'TW' the coil from the Steel WH to a floor location, for the facility.

2. Then when they load the coil they have a wt tag, after a run (which will consume $ and # at Std) via U-F/S.

3. When they finish the coil we 'IS' the coil from the floor location to the facility (ref field). If the coil is removed and reband, it is weighed, for actual wt and usage, and a new wt tag placed on the coil, we 'IS' what was actually used to the facility. The leftover coil may be 'TW' back to the coil WH.

4. At month end we know exactly how much coil was actually consumed at each facility, via the 'IS', we review all Parent MOs and via the run facility, compare the 'IS' qty, cost of actual coil to Std coil earned, from the MOs ran at each facility to calc a facility coil (matl) variance. If a significant variance is found, the MOs ran thru the facility are looked at to ensure we have the right qty per and coil part number on the Parent Item.

5. Then we run the report and purge of MOs of closed , completed MOs thru the month end.

6. The Foreman at each facility is responsible to cycle count his location (coils) on a monthly basis.

7. The Coil WH manager cycle counts his Coil WH Location (s). All cycle counts are performed by location, and locked down.

Our coil Inventory went to 99% + accuracy with this method, and they are saving a full truck load of 'lost coils' a week, according to the steel WH Manager....And they eliminated the yr end physical, gaining a week of production, efficiency went sky high, not looking all over for lost coils.

Carol Limegrover, I.T. would be a good contact to set up a site visit, if required....They are in Pitt.

ps: Dick Molder works there as well, an employee I think....old Harkerite, and not a friendly.

Hope this helps.....Let me know if you would like to discuss in depth.

Jeff