From: "BBaase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <BBaase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 8:05:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Dedicated Mapics Backup

This sounds interesting. I may have to try it. We do have source code for XA.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2010, at 7:01 PM, "Richard Stover" <rstover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

At a high level you for sure need to get a dedicated environment long enough to
run the true XA backup disk-to-disk then back up the save files to tape later.
As for applications outside XA that do not test for dedicated mode the actaul
back up process does record locking, not file locking. Therefore if you put say
a 5 sec. wait in the calling routine to handle the record lock neither XA or the
other application should care. Worth experimenting with.

Dick Stover
Guide Technologies, LLC