I have had some good success leveaging the Purchase Request area in XA
now, and it's ability to tie in multiple requisitions to the request.
Think of the request as a "header" area. The flaw w/ the old requsition
process in XA in my opinion is the fact it's tied to 1 item only.

Using Integrator we built extensions over this to allow for work flow and
approval. The nice thing about Purchase Requests is it's ability to turn
these into PO's. automatically. So build the work flow over the Purchase
Request (with extensions built over it to accomodate your unique work flow
requirements). For example using integrator you can automatically assign
an approval level and put your own security over who can authorize it
based on dolalr amount, or whatever it is.

You can also restrict a PO from actually being placed unless the
"approval" is done. It was relatively inexpensive to do this and I can
share w/ you off-line my design and concept and screen shots to give you
some food for thought.

We did this initially for MRO/Supply item purchasing but adopting it for
all purchase requests for other areas. Using Integrator we also created
tooling/machine files to keep track of for example which components are
needed to support a given machine and using Integrator to create a more
robust Maintenance/Repair system. (Think of it as a more "lite" version of
EAM).

You could do some of this with just Integrator. But you should really get
Enterprise Integrator. It makes extension so much easier to create and
some of this function is so much easier w/ the full E/I product (but when
you look at the cost/ALF of EAM solution you can justify it easier.).

Regarding work flow we use publish/subscribe and some other tools to help
create automatic notifications. I can share w/ you other tools out there
off-line to help w/ this (including BlackBerry/IPhone approval type
stuff). Note using E/I this was not a major project (implimented in
weeks, not months)

Kevin

Kevin Gerard, Senior Technical Consultant
TriMin Systems, Inc. - Infor Channel Partner
[1]kevin.gerard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Direct 309-932-3103
Mobile 309-883-1689
[2]www.triminmfg.com

"We are committed to helping manufacturing companies improve their
Visibility, Productivity, Growth and Profitability"