Hi,

I have a Crystal Reports server set up to report on my XA data which has been working pretty good. Currently, I'm in the process of updating XA to 7.8 from 7.7 and need to change the XA library names to accommodate the new version. Unfortunately, the Crystal ODBC driver looks for the XA tables in the old LIB name (ex: AMFLIBA). It's a pain to have to change the ODBC drivers on the PC clients and then have to change the LIB references for the Crystal reports. The ODBC drivers are bad enough, but to have to migrate all of the Crystal report data source over to new 7.8 LIB names and then republish the changed reports to the Crystal Server is even worse.

I was hoping to be able to use ADDLNK to create a symbolic link in QSYS to point to AMFLIBA (ex: CRXA -> AMFLIBA). With a symbolic link, I could repoint the link to the new XA LIB name. Evidently, that does not work outside of the IFS. I asked IBM and they were no help whatsoever. I'm looking to also update to XA 9 next spring and having to do all of the references over again is kind of dishearting.

Any suggestions for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean