From: Kevin Fox <kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] MRP and MLI
To: "'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 7:11 PM

Correct.

Unless an item is MLI, the Plan Customer Orders flag (0,1,2,3,4, 5) will not
cause the system to generate an MRP requirement.  I have orders in the
system that are not MLI items.  MRP does not see these items.

So, I'm informed (I still find it hard to believe I've not realized this
sometime in the past 30 years) that if you want MRP to plan for customer
orders entered into COM (as backlog), you must code the item MLI.

To pass the requirement to MRP without having to review at MLI, is to use
forecast code 0.

Kevin
mobile (909) 762-1384