All,

We are at R7.8 PTF Level 9955.

Here is the issue: We have a requirement to enable the selection of
manufacturers part number during purchase order entry. The relationship of
the data is:

Item Revision (one to many) >> Manufacturers Part Number.

For example: I have a resister with part number 1234. I have 4 different
manufacturers that make a comparable item: Sanyo 749-ksj, Samsung 8y3nk,
Toyo 873-83e-hd and Sony mvnd76-jdhu783

XA supports a relationship as follows:

Item Revision (one to one) >> Vendor Item (Vendor Catalog Number) >>(one to
one) Alternate Item

Which would require us to create a unique part number for the 4 items and
then create a unique vendor item for each. Each would only have 1 possible
alternate instead of the 3 possible alternates.

This solution is not acceptable.

In addition, the selected manufacturers part number must print on the
purchase order AND show the 3 alternate items.

It is really the inverse of the Item Industry Class/ Industry Item number
issue in COM.

To complicate matters further, these PO's need to be passed through the ESB
to Supply Web.

Questions:

1. Has anyone had a similar issue with the item/mfg number
relationship requirement?

2. Any ideas or solutions.

Thanks

Kevin D. Fox

Fox Enterprises and Professional Services. LLC.

131 E. Holly Street Unit 218

Pasadena, CA 91103-3936

1.909.762.1384 mobile