Therese,

I suggest that you ought to review (and probably somewhat re-do) your
queries and custom reports that today work off the Item Master files.
Presumably, you may also need to look at things that interrogate PSTRUC
and ROUTNG files.

You'll never have a better time to evaluate and change them (or possibly
eliminate some). And if the intend to take advantage of the EPDM
capabilities, you really should examine how the reports generate and what
data they include so that they remain relevant and also ACCURATE!

Very important is for the team to understand the difference between the
Engineering side and Inventory side of the MAPICS database. Also how
they relate to each other. This can get dicey when considering revision
tracking and effective dates in all the places those are used.

Also, as someone else said, Item Master continues to be used in today's
version, but it's slated for elimination, so what I'm suggesting is
something you will eventually NEED to do (not that far in the future). So
doing it while you have the team assembled makes sense to me.

In the meantime, to answer your specific question, you will not need to,
NOR WILL YOU BE ABLE to maintain Item Master A, B or C any longer. All
maintenance is done from EPDM and the released Site Item Revision record
(the one currently in effect in the Item Release file) is the one that
will be reflected in the PDM side of the database.

These things are complicated, as you are learning or have learned. If I
can be of further help to you or your team, please feel free to contact me
offline.
Thanks.

Michael G. Ellis
Information Systems International, Inc.
A Global ERP Consulting Firm
815-398-1670 x7882

Choose ISI consultants to ensure consistently top quality implementation
services at all levels of your organization.

"A rising tide only lifts the boats that are n the water." - Newt Gingrich