Hi Bob.
Interesting. So do you not support Chinese characters (DBCS) in your China mapics environment? Or do you have your primary O/S configured to be English Double Byte? Thanks

Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Heavilin, Bob" <BHeavilin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] AS/400 Locale

In our case, we have a plant in Europe and one in China both running from a box in the US with no adjustment to the time or date. It's less than optimal from the viewpoint of the two plants, but they have become used to it, and it doesn't appear to cause any ongoing problems.

We do have them running in separate MAPICS environments to help us with scheduling backups and other batch processes.

Thanks,
Bob Heavilin
Stant Corporation