JM,

If you're working in R6 and have a spirit of adventure, you might try the approach I tried. Recently, when I needed to do a bit of work with user exits for R6, I found a couple documents in the MXACSR6 folder under Integrator Samples. The documents helped quite a bit . . . after I read them several times. I managed to make my first set of changes to an R6 browser file based on those documents and some trial and error programming changes.

Thanks,
Bob Heavilin
IT Project Manager
Stant Corporation

Im making my first attempt to work with User Exit on the browser. I need
someone to correct me if I am thinking wrong and maybe throw in some
pointer.

The part that is confusing is the extension file. Im not exactly sure what
this is.

Im suspecting its more like a parameter file. A method in which to get the

input data to the User Exit program so that it can be worked on i.e.
compared,

checked, edit. I understand I need to modify at least two programs. One
that actual populates the extension/parameter file and the other to read
it and do some processing and return a result.

..is this correct????

In the mean time I have identified the User Exit shell programs, located
the source on the i5 and Activated both User Exit programs from the
Business Object browser.

My next step is to create two files one with keys the other with out.

The fields in the files are the fields I want to look at and process.
Basically I am

creating somewhat of a generic parameter list.

..is that correct?????

Thanks!

JM