(Resubmitted with a "Subject" added. Opps!)

Hi group:

Our company is upgrading from Mapics DB/Y2K (Mod 4) to Infor XA (Rel 7).

With Mapics DB, we have not used G/L Interfacing for the Inventory Accounts (thru the IM, PC&C and OE&I).

The representatives of the company assisting with our upgrading, Barry-Wehmiller International Resources, have suggested to us that we interface our G/L with the above modules (COM replaces OE&I).

Our shop has around 20,000 IM Inventory transactions every month.

We apparently can interface in one of two ways:

1. In detail with each entry posting to the G/L; or

2. In summary, where all the entries post at a "net" amount to the G/L; and their detail is lost.

I am again interfacing for the following reasons:

1. Infor XA does not use a subsidiary ledger to collect the detail of interfacing entries;

2. The G/L would be very large and probably unprintable or usable because of the number of entries posted therein due to the interfacing.

If Infor XA had a subsidiary ledger, I probably would support interfacing with the G/L because the detail journal entries would not be posted directly in the G/L.

But, I'm open minded and I'd like your suggestions, both pro and con, about interfacing the inventory accounts with the G/L.

I look forward to your comments on this matter.

Have a good week.

Regards,
Al Gershen
Cost Accountant Lead