From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Snyder
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 9:06 AM
To: mapics midrange
Subject: [MAPICS-L] AVP conflicts table

Hello all,

I have a client that begins to prepare pick list and shipping activities
as early as 5 or 6 a.m.

They are running AVP, and constantly are getting a conflict on the 'save
plan' function. (normally COM shipping activity).

My question is - If we are NOT rescheduling CO, MO or PO, but just
firming the plan outside of the release
horizon, can I remove some of these conflicts for the save plan. It
would make it so much better for the planners.

I was wondering if any one out there in XA rel 6 or 7 world had any real
life experience with this.

I'm thinking removing the COM Conflicts, would suffice in our
particular environment.

Thanks,

ps : AVP CONFLICTS:

Between download and upload, users are locked out of the following
MRPfunctions in the AVP planning warehouse until the upload is complete:
- Maintain forecast - Maintain MLI requirements - Maintain horizon
values- Maintain period intervals - Planning run execution options -
Order review and approve- OBPM MRP Recommendations -
all==================================AVP checks for active conflicting
procedures before kicking off a SavePlan.Here are the details:Goal: AVP
runs a Conflict Check before initiating a Download or UploadSymptom:
EAM0027 Function RUNSCMDN cannot be executed due to
conflictingjobSymptom: EAM0027 Function RUNSCMUP cannot be executed due
to conflictingjobSymptom: EAM0194 ENTER DATA CONFLICT RESPONSE. VALID
conflictsAMMM20 - 06 MRP-Initiate Planning Run PDM EnvironmentRecords
in CNFLCT fileInitiating ExecutingProcedure
ProcedureAMMPJA AMBCUX - I COM Enter Orders and Quo!
tesAMMPJA AMBPQ1 - B COM Enter Orders from OfflineAMMPJA
AMBF9X - I COM Enter Immediate ShipmentAMMPJA AMBBRX -
I COM Mnt-Orders and QuotesAMMPJA AMBB1P - I COM Sel-Orders
for Pick ListAMMPJA AMBD5P - I COM Process Ord Pick
ConfirmAMMPJA AMBDRP -! COM Process ShipmentsAMMPJA
AMBGOP -! DSP:Ship Return by CM No.AMMPJA AMBGUD - I
COM Process ShipmentsAMMPJA AMBJXD - I COM Process Credit
ReturnsAMMPJA AMBO7X - | COM Sel Ord to PickAMMPJA
AMBYUX - I COM Sel-Orders to PickAMMPJA AMBYZX - I COM
Process ShipmentsAMMPJA AMVPW1 - I COM Mnt-WarehouseAMMPJA
AMVP5A - I COM Available to PromiseAMMPJA AMIPQD - I IM
F/M-Item BalanceAMMPJA AMIP73 - I IM Offline Item Balance
F/MAMMPJA AM6P3A - Quotation entry and maintenanceAMMPJA
AM6P3C - Requisition entry and maintenanceAMMPJA !
AM6P3D - Purchase order entry or maintenanceAMMPJA
CORMNT - CSM MaintenanceEPDM EnvironmentRecords in CNFLCT
fileInitiating ExecutingProcedure ProcedureAMMPJW
AMBCUX - I COM Enter Orders and QuotesAMMPJW AMBPQ1 - B
COM Enter Orders from OfflineAMMPJW AMBF9X - I COM Enter
Immediate ShipmentAMMPJW AMBBRX - I COM Mnt-Orders and
QuotesAMMPJW AMBB1P - I COM Sel-Orders for Pick ListAMMPJW
AMBD5P - I COM Process Ord Pick ConfirmAMMPJW AMBDRP -!
COM Process ShipmentsAMMPJW AMBGOP -! DSP:Ship Return by CM
No.AMMPJW AMBGUD - I COM Process ShipmentsAMMPJW
AMBJXD - I COM Process Credit ReturnsAMMPJW AMMBO7X - |
COM Sel Ord to PickAMMPJW AMBYUX - I COM Sel-Orders to
PickAMMPJW AMBYZX - I COM Process ShipmentsAMMPJW
AMVPW1 - I COM Mnt-WarehouseAMMPJW AMVP5A - I COM
Available to PromiseAMMPJW AMIPQD - I IM F/M-Item
BalanceAMMPJW !
AMIP73 - I IM Offline Item Balance F/MAMMPJW AM6P3A -
Quotation entry and maintenanceAMMPJW AM6P3C - Requisition
entry and maintenanceAMMPJW AM6P3D - Purchase order entry or
maintenanceAMMPJW CORMNT - CSM MaintenanceNote: Action to take
when you get the conflict message: - locate the XA joblog - find
'conflict' will locate the AM-0027 message and it's usuallyfollowed-up
with either AMX2512 or AM-7508 - find '0027' (this will identify the
Job, UserID and Job Numbercausing the conflict