From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Willie J. Moore
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:47 AM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MAPICS-L] Ending a Power Link session for Mapics saves

We are using Integrator & Power Link. We are finding that if a user
does not sign out of Power Link the unattended Mapics save cannot get a
dedicated system and the save does not run.
We summit the following jobs though the Job Scheduler.
This one is to end/stop the Mapics jobs:
PSICTLJVS REQUEST(*LIST) ENVLIST(MM) CTLOPT(*END) GLBSRV(*YES)
DBGOPT(*YES) /* End */

Waits 10 mins.
Then this runs the Mapics backup:
AUTOBCK ENDES('MM') BCKTYP('D')

Waits 30 mins.
Then we run this command to start every thing back up:
PSICTLJVS REQUEST(*LIST) ENVLIST(MM) DBGOPT(*YES)

If the save does not run I then look at the Job Status screen, I will
see the following:
Ctl User WS/JQ Seq Type Status
Y MF AMM0290707 0 BATCH ACTIVE

Once the user ends the Power Link session, then the save will run.

Should I combine the three statements into one CL and submit it that
way. I could add a jobdly of 5 mins to the end & start statements.

Any ideal and/or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

William Moore
California Fine Wire, Co
wjmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
805-489-5144