From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Roger.Blocher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:30 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: [MAPICS-L] Selling and pricing in full case quantities

We are trying to get away from selling broken case quantities and would
like to incent our customers to purchase full case quantities only.
Ideally, we want to offer a price break for orders placed with full case

quantities. Is anyone else doing this?

Today our stocking unit of measure might be "box".
These items are also available in a "case" containing 24 boxes.
We hoped to structure our pricing such that :
- 23 boxes cost, 23 x $5.00, or $115
- whereas 1 case (or 24 boxes) will cost $100, and
- 25 boxes would the cost:
1 case, at $100
plus 1 box at $5.00, for a total of $105

Standard 'MAPICS' price book 3A provides quantity price breaks, which is

something different than case pricing. The case price does not extend
all items exceeding 24 but less than 48 (2 cases).

Ideally, we do not want to set up a separate items and have to track two

separate inventories. Please let me know if you have done anything with

CASE pricing or if you have interest in being linked to and Enhancement

Request with InforXA.

Thanks

Roger Blocher
TECH International
I.S. Manager
740.966.8009
740.966.8090 (fax)

NOTE: This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are
confidential and intended soley for the use of the individual or entity
which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should
not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this e-mail. If you have
received
this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Any views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Tech International. WARNING: the
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence
of
viruses. Tech International has taken reasonable precautions to ensure
no
viruses are present in this e-mail and accepts no responsibility for any

loss or damage caused by this e-mail or its attachments.