We use Headquarters and Branches quite a lot. Some have Consolidated =
N and some Y depending on how we are paid. On your invoicing question,
we have always entered the billing address we wanted printed on the
invoice at the branch customer level. I have never noticed that the
billing address is picked up from the Headquarters number.

When a Branch is flagged as a consolidated branch, then everything in AR
is done through the Headquarters customer number.

As far as I can tell there is no accounting reason for a
non-consolidated Headquarters/Branch situation unless you use it to link
customers for reporting purposes which is what we do.

Setup note - we have always been able to change a standalone customer to
a Branch and assign a Headquarters number to it. However, you cannot
change a customer number that has had order activity to a Headquarters.

I don't know if that helps but it is what we've experienced.
Nancy Carson
IT Director
Taylor Precision Products/Salter Housewares Canada
HoMedics Companies
575-526-0944 ext 3119
575-528-1260 (direct)
575-526-4626 (fax)