Group,

We are having trouble determining the best way to show capacity for oven
time in our routings. Here is an example:

Lot size of 40,000 (we normally process orders in these sizes, but not
always; they are costed per 40k)

Bag 2,000 per

Anneal in oven 2,000 per tray, 3 trays at a time for 1 hour

Gold Plate 30 minutes per batch of 6,000 or less

Inspect 15 minutes per batch of 6,000 or less

Is there a way to accurately account for the varying batch sizes within
routing times for the machine? Right now we use TBC = 3 to show that
very little labor time is used per part, but in terms of machine time we
have none. If everything is based on a "time per qty" calculation we
need our machine qty to be different than our labor qty (lot size).

Hours per lot gives us a set time for every MO, but does not vary if the
MO qty is above or below the lot size. We need a time allotted to the
machine that varies with the order quantity.

Pieces per hour would have been ideal for the oven time BUT we are
limited to 3 digits (need 4 to show 6,000 per hour).

Hours per lot uses the order value-if I key the order for 80,000 this
would be very understated.

I know some of you have already accomplished this-how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Teresa