Marc

The biggest issue is one that most overlook. As soon as possible ensure
that your environments are tailored and configured for multi-currency. Most
try to do this all at once and it is painful.

What I have been successful in is to tailor for multi-currency in cross
application support and then create tables of US Dollar to "Local Currency".
In most cases the "Local Currency" is US Dollar (USD) so most overlook this
relationship. You need to ensure that the USD is configured not only as a
relationship to the "Local Currency" but is also configured as the
"Default".

Once this is done, it is fairly simple to begin to "turn on the currencies"
as and where needed.

In IFM, be certain that you ensure that all of the personal ledgers, in
country ledgers (companies/financial divisions) and cash ledgers are
properly defined with the currency of the transactions.

Also ensure that there is a process in place to maintain the translation
tables. Note that I usually create two tables. The default table "MAPICS"
is required and is used for all transactions. So this becomes my up to date
translation table. Meaning, I have a process to maintain this table daily.

Then I create a separate table called "CORP" that is used by the finance
group to set the "annual standards" for all reporting.

Kevin