From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kevin.Gerard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:34 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Cc: MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Off-Line MO Load

I created a MO "Generator" once. In this case it allowed someone to
enter
a P/N, explode a B/M and then create "in-mass" the selected orders
(from a
"flattened" B/M). I leveraged the ORDATA files and created a batch
this
way (they posted it via normal methods as a batch). In this case they
were
able to create hundreds of orders in a relatively short time. It
worked
well. It did not take a long time to design.

I subsquently created a System Link version (much much better) but
the
result was same. (Note projects like this make a great justification
for
System Link. It is SO MUCH easier and very release transparent. In
this
case you simply use the LPI method of interfacing - No web skills
required)

E-mail me and I can share w/ you the concepts and some of the
techniques
for both methods. There was a few gotcha's in creating the ORDATA*
members that were required if I remember. I need a day to dig out
the
code but e-mail me and I can share more details if this sounds like
what
you want.

Kevin

Kevin Gerard, Senior Technical Consultant
TriMin Systems, Inc. - Infor Channel Partner
Direct 309-932-3103
Mobile 309-883-1689
www.triminmfg.com

"We are committed to helping manufacturing companies improve their
Visibility, Productivity, Growth and Profitability"