Robert,

If you are in search of a product such as what Robot has to offer, then
you may want to compare it to another product named RevScheduler from
RevSoft (www.revsoft.com). We had the HelpSystems product Robot
Scheduler along with several of their other products - Replay and Alert
for years. I was a believer in these products they offered and are
pretty good. At least I thought until we upgraded to a 550 from an 820
iSeries machine. The Robot up charge was significant enough we decided
to purchase RevScheduler. An incentive for us to purchase RevScheduler
was that we wanted this software on more than one partition, and there
was no extra charge from RevSoft (one license for the Processor Group,
not based on partitions). With HelpSystems, they will up charge you per
partition. We have had RevScheduler for three years now on two of our
550 production machines running multiple divisions on each.
RevScheduler also has a built in Screen Capture for macros which is
similar to HelpSystems/Replay product. HelpSystems charges separately
for Replay. RevScheduler basically has replay functionality built into
the same pricing with RevScheduler.

Another product we purchased from RevSoft is called RevMessage which
does the same functions as Robot/Alert and Robot/Console which are
separately prices HelpSystems products. Oh yeah, forgot to mention
RevScheduler has its own built in High Availability functionality, at no
extra cost. In my opinion (and I am not a RevSoft salesman) RevScheduler
has more functionality for a better price than HelpSystems with
excellent support. Something to look into if you are required to
justify spending $ for managements approval.

Contact for RevSoft - John Massey @ john.massey@xxxxxxxxxxx

Claude Stoltz
Manager of Enterprise Applications
Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.