*Vendor Response Coming*

Hi Weston

I'm a Certified Document Imaging Architect with Infor certified partner
Quadrant Software and I am responsible for our partnership with Infor
(and before with MAPICS). Our IntelliChief system will accomplish what
you are looking for and works in conjunction with the Formtastic
electronic forms system that you already have from us that allowed the
elimination of the pre-printed forms. In fact, there is an option
within Formtastic that allows you to extract your indexes (or metadata)
directly from within your forms (structured data) at the time of print
to be used in IntelliChief (our imaging solution). This is great
because you are not just storing the spooled file and re-merging it
later on as someone mentioned. You are storing an exact replica of the
form that can then be faxed/emailed/posted to the web etc. This can
satisfy the SOX requirement. In addition, if you do any signature
capture or versioning, the signature is stored as part of the form.

When you need to retrieve a particular document, or all the documents in
a transaction, you can hit a function key or menu option on the green
screen or a button in powerlink that will call the specific document.
If, as an approver, I need to see the PO and who approved it before
approving an invoice I can right click and select "view supporting
documents" This eliminates searching through a whole DB of documents
which of course you could do as well. For example, in AP I might select
a particular purchase and retrieve the requisition, the Po, the
receiving docs, the invoice (edi info too), and the check or ACH
payment. From purchase all the way to pay. And all the approvals from
workflow are logged in the system, as well as, who viewed or changed
anything along the way. The integration works the same for a vendor
invoice as well, but, these would likely be scanned (unstructured data).
Once the invoice is vouchered, we pull the indexes from within the XA DB
so the user doesn't have to key them.

Most of the indexing is done automatically. You can't get more
integrated than that! It's basically an extension of XA. The user
can't tell they are using a third party.

Same for the order side, HR, manufacturing ect. Just different document
classes.

-Ken

Check out the following recorded webinar we did entitled document
processing in Infor XA
http://www.quadrantsoftware.com/tracking/2007_03/paperless_infor_archive
_q307/index.html