Note after being involved in 12 to 15 conversions, I've had some behavior
like you describe, and on others the conversion is virtually 100%
"clean". The key is the conversion logs which Infor can review during
your validation. Note I have had very good success w/ the development team
at Infor addressing most of the conversion issues (after looking at the
logs). The key is providing them the logs that they need to review what
did/didn't convert over. It has a history of this i believe and will be
proactive way of finding this (vs letting the users "find out" and loose
confidence in system)

I guess my point is their is a method here to debug this and Infor will
respond (so you just need to push them a little bit.) Note the biggest
area's I've still seen (from 2 customers that went over in July) were Work
Benches. We had another customer report subsets that didn't convert. It
was entriely hit/miss.

I brought over a company in 2004 w/ 150+ business objects (to Rel 7.6) and
the business objects all converted. (so not sure what has changed or the
varability here in your installation)

Anyway, definitely work with Infor! While they seem backed up at times
(availability to get to the developers is a hit/miss; I believe most are
tied up trying to get R7.8 deployed), when they do get involved they can
typically identify and fix the conversion issues. They do a good job.

Kevin

Kevin Gerard, Senior Technical Consultant
TriMin Systems, Inc. - Infor Channel Partner
Direct 309-932-3103
Mobile 309-883-1689
www.triminmfg.com

"We are committed to helping manufacturing companies improve their Visibility, Productivity, Growth and Profitability"