The PPV calculation is defined by the way you set up the rules for the RP (RQ)
and CA transactions. Here is an example of the two most commonly used methods.
The both get the same result.

Suppose the Standard is 100, the PO is 110, and the Invoice is 120

If you record PPV on the receipt the entries are as follows

RP or RQ Transaction
Debit
Credit

Inventory at Standard
100.00

Received-Not-Invoiced at PO

110.00

PPV
10.00

IFM Records the invoice

Received-Not-Invoiced
120.00

Accounts Payable

120.00

IFM Generated CA Transaction

Received-Not-Invoiced

10.00

PPV
10.00

If you record PPV when you voucher the invoice

RP or RQ Transaction

Inventory at Standard
100.00

Received-Not Invoiced at PO