I don't think (PDM/EPDM) features/options are the solution, at the end
of the day when you do the "RM" transaction the
inventory is controlled by Item number and not by the feature/option.

Maybe you can try with the option "4. MFG ORDER PER CUSTOMER ORDER" when
creating_releasing a Mfg Order, this will create a link between the COM
order and the Mfg Order.

Antonio Rojas
IT. Manager
Senior Aerospace, SSP
(818) 260-2218

Marc.Rohde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/07 09:46 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] Ensuring Stock Is Allocated to a CO

We mfg to order and in some cases the pack configuration is special for a
specific customer and order. For example we may have a special pallet for

international shipments or pallet height for a specific CO. Since all
orders are for the same part number is there a way to ensure the stock
produced on a specific MO, entered by CO, is allocated only to the
intended order?

We currently have a series of manual processes that are not working well
to accomplish this.

If we cannot get our needs accomplished by other means we are about to
look into features/options as a possible solution (i.e. each configuration

will be a different option). Before we go this route does this sound
reasonable if we stock configurations?

Marc Rohde
IT Manager
Pentair Filtration, Inc. & Everpure, LLC

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and all attachments to it are
intended only for the named recipients and may contain confidential
information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please do not
duplicate or forward this e-mail message and immediately delete it from
your computer.