Teresa,

I think you'd like what we do then - from the SmarTeam perspective.
I'm interested in how Marc went from MAPICS to SmarTeam.

When a dwg is released in SmarTeam it pushes a PDF version of the
Solidworks dwg to a NTFS share. Thru Integrator you can view the
dwg when you perform a look-up in Browser.
Our users get dwgs thru Integrator, not the $1500 a license SmarTeam!!!!

We dumped our document management system years ago. We use integrator
to serve-up our dwgs, ECN's, process docs, specs, etc.

The funny thing about document management systems, they all want you to
export
MAPICS data so they can build a database on their platform. Hmmm, doesn't
MAPICS already have all the info & sit on a database?

I could go on about that all day!!

"Teresa Biby" <TBiby@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/13/2007 01:05 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [MAPICS-L] Generating blueprints with shop packets

Please don't go offline!! I am interested in how you are doing this
also. We have Solidworks--no document management and no Conexus--I was
going to search also. This would be a huge time saver for us.

Thanks,
Teresa Biby
Virginia Panel Corporation