Hi List,

Yesterday we identified AMR75 as having some code that would delete
certain customers.   This morning I commented out that code and compiled
the program into our test environment and closed the month expecting no
deleted customers.

Much to my surprise another customer was deleted (we have 5000+ of
them).  So after spending time assuring myself that I didn't mess up, I
looked for another culprit.   Check out program AMR55.

003.41 0336 C           *IN21     IFEQ '1'

003.42 0337 C* IF IND 21 IS ON, CALL AMVAZXFR TO EDIT AND DELETE
CUSTOMER.
003.43 0338 C* 'AMVAZXFR' CHECKS THAT CUSTOMER HAS NO OPEN ORDERS IN
OE&I,
003.44 0339 C* HAS NO DETAIL RECORDS IN 'OPENAR' FILE, HAS NO S/A
RECORDS
003.45 0340 C* IN 'CUSTSA' FILE, AND IF A HDQTRS, HAS NO BRANCHES.  IT
THEN
003.46 0341 C* DELETES ALL THE CUSTOMER ASSOCIATED RECORDS IN ALL FILES,

003.47 0342 C* CUSTOMER, A/R EXTENSION, ADDRESS, SHIP-TO, ETC.

003.48 0343 C*

003.49 0344 C* RELEASE A/R EXTENSION RECORD SO IT CAN BE DELETED BY
AMVAZXFR
003.50 0345 C                     EXCPTDMYUP

003.51 0346 C*

003.52 0347 C                     CALL 'AMVAZXFR'

003.53 0348 C                     PARM           P0TRN   7

003.54 0349 C                     PARM           COMNO

Greg